We Need Your Skills and Time
– ways you can help – not everyone can travel to Guatemala
- Staffing an information table/kiosk at community events such as festivals, fairs, trade shows, and any other events that may generate funds.
- Arranging or attending presentations given to churches, schools, community organizations and groups.
- Assisting with volunteer meetings by taking minutes, sending out agendas, making up schedules for events, contacting members, etc.
- Translating GSP information into English, Spanish, or French as needed.
- Providing advice and expertise in the writing of grant proposals.
- Assisting with annual fundraisers by helping to book venues and entertainment, organize food, and staff information and ticket booths.
- Attending and helping to sell tickets for our fundraisers.
- Assisting with the organization of the silent auctions held at our fundraisers (Perth and Ottawa) by soliciting donations, writing thank you letters and setting up or displaying items and collecting bids.
- Assisting with the development of our website and online presence
- Creating display materials and ads to promote the GSP
Retired teacher and GSP volunteer Liz Ballantyne-Jackson gives a presentation to middle school students about issues of poverty faced by Maya communities in Guatemala at the annual Fisher Park School ‘Open Your Eyes Day’.